2020 Virtual EiSE Awards Presentation
SEAoNY will announce the winners of the Excellence in Structural Engineering (EiSE) Awards on August 27th, 2020, from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.
Join us on Zoom to honor the innovative and exemplary projects done by exceptional structural engineers in New York.
We regret to say that based on current outlooks on COVID-19 and
a recent SEAoNY membership survey the
2020 Boat Cruise has been canceled.
However, hard work and ingenuity should be celebrated, so come join us and learn more about the finalists in each awards category!
Unlike past years, instead of purchasing a ticket or sponsoring a table at the Boat Cruise, SEAoNY is requesting contributions to our Education Foundation.Your tax-deductible gift will help SEAoNY award more scholarships in during 2020-2021.
To find out more please visit: http://www.seaony.org/Donate
The finalists for all three award categories are contenders for the Engineer’s Choice Award. Please participate in the poll here.
List of Projects and Finalists
- 15 Hudson Yards by WSP
- 35 Hudson Yards by SOM
- 730 Fifth Ave – Cantilevered Work Platform by Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP Engineers and Architects
- Charles Library – Temple University by LERA Consulting Structural Engineers
- David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center by Thornton Tomasetti
- Eighty-Seven Park by DeSimone
- Fire Watchtower at Marcus Garvey Park by Thornton Tomasetti
- The Reach at John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts by Silman
- Lehigh University Mountaintop Campus Mixing Box - Building C Rehabilitation by Cast Connex Corporation
- Louis Armstrong Stadium by Geiger Lynch MacBain Campbell Engineers P.C.
- Ministry of Taxation – Baku by Thornton Tomasetti
- Ohio Union Infrastructure Upgrades by Arup
- Wasl Tower by DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Waterline Sq – Amenities Center by Steven Capri, PE Consulting Engineer
- Woolworth Tower Residences by Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP Engineers and Architects
- Welcome by President Jimmy Vignola - 12:05pm
- 1st Raffle Draw & Gold Sponsor Atlas Tube Talk
- Renovation / Retrofit / Rehabilitation of Structures/ Forensic Analysis (up to 3 finalists, 1 award)
- Other Structures (up to 3 finalists, 1 award)
- 2nd Raffle Draw & Silver Sponsor Structural Technologies talk
- New Buildings (up to 9 finalists, up to 3 awards)
- Scholarship Winners
- Last Raffle Draw
- Closing Remarks by President- Elect Brad Kiefer
You will be automatically entered into the raffle when you register.
Must be present on the Zoom presentation when name is drawn to claim prize.
You will be asked to type in the chat if your name is called.
Information for finalist
*Important Change to Submission requirement*
As opposed to the traditional foam-core poster board for display. Each finalist is required to provide SEAoNY with a 3 minutes max. video for use during the Virtual EiSE Awards Presentation Ceremony on August 27th, 2020 and potential public access via the SEAoNY Website.
Finalists will be notified by July 24th and Due Date for the video is August 24th
Accepted Video Format: .MOV or .MP4
Required Content: A brief background on the project and its noteworthy structural aspects. Please remember to provide credit for the images, information or material used in the video.
Suggested Content: Project Manager’s voice-over on slides, a thank you note from the structural team to SEAoNY or the audience, comments or verdicts from the design & construction team (e.g. contractor, architects, or other collaborators), construction photos…etc.
Sponsorship Opportunity Still Available!
Email email@example.com for more information
2020 EiSE Awards Gold Sponsor:
2020 EiSE Awards Silver Sponsor:
Registration closes 12:00 pm on August 26th