SEAoNY President's Breakfast Round-table Event: State of the Industry
This event will be held from 8:00 AM -10:00 AM
The central theme of the round-table event will be the current state of the industry. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss various topics relevant to the structural engineering industry today:
- Have project schedules become too aggressive?
- Are structural engineers satisfied with their workplace experience?
- Should SE licensure be required in New York State?
- How could we better promote our profession?
Each of these four discussion topics will be led by a knowledgeable moderator, and participants will have the opportunity to rotate between each discussion. Members are encouraged to attend and participate by sharing their thoughts, experiences, and ideas.
- Project Schedules - Delia Shumway, New Line Structures
- Workplace Retention and Satisfaction - Vicki Arbitrio, GMS
- SE Licensure - Brian Falconer, Severud Associates
- Industry Awareness – Aine Brazil, Thornton Tomasetti
A light breakfast will be served!
2 PDHs offered (pending)
Registration opens at 7:45 am. Seminar begins promptly at 8:0 0am
Advanced Registration will close at noon the day before the event.
This event will have a limited capacity, walk-ins will be accommodated depending on advanced registration numbers.
For SEAoNY members, registration is $25 in advance or $35 at the door.
For non-members, registration is $40 in advance or $50 at the door.
The event will take place at the Center for Architecture, 536 LaGuardia Place.
Click Here for Event Flyer