2016 SEAoNY All Day Seminar
Building Resilience: Flood Mitigation for New and Existing Structures
February 9th, 2016
The event will take place at the TKP New York Conference Center 109 West 39th Street (Between Broadway & 6th Avenue)
Please note the change of address
Advanced online registration has now closed. Walk-ins will be accommodated.
This All-Day Seminar is sponsored by
ILC Dover and Smart Vent
Topics & Speakers
· Introduction - Amy Macdonald (Senior Associate, Thornton Tomasetti)
· Evaluation and Assessment - Chris Cerino, P.E., SECB (Vice President, STV) & Mike Tumulty, P.E. (Vice President, STV)
· Codes and Requirements (National) - Chris Jones, P.E. (Christopher P Jones, PE)
· Codes and Requirements (NYC) - Joseph Ackroyd, P.E., CFM (Executive Director & Floodplain Administrator, New York City Department of Buildings)
· Design (Site Considerations in Flood Zones) - Michele O'Connor, P.E. (Principal/Vice President, Langan) & Michael Nilson, P.E. (Senior Project Manager, Langan)
· Design New Construction - Doug Gonzalez, P.E. (Associate Partner, LERA) & Caroline Weiss, P.E., Leed (Associate Principal, Thornton Tomasetti)
· Design Existing Buildings and Retrofit - Doug Gonzalez, P.E. (Associate Partner, LERA)
· Other Considerations - Chung Yeon Won, AIA, Leed (Associate Director, SOM)
· Products and Manufacturers - John Jordan, AIA, Leed AP (Senior Associate, Ennead)
Light Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
5.5 PDHs will be offered
Click Here for the Flyer
Advanced Registration will close the day before the event. Walk-ins will be accommodated depending on advanced registration numbers.
For SEAoNY members, registration is $275 in advance or $325 at the door.
For non-members, registration is $375 in advance or $425 at the door.